Saturday, September 20, 2008

Little tiny birds



One of the things that I love most about life are the surprises. There are good ones and bad ones. Clearly the bad ones are, on first meeting not as welcome as the funny, affirming, or enriching ones. I have had two major surprises this week, one of each kind. I will tell you about the latter.

I was driving home from work about seven in the evening. In the small town just outside of Seattle, WA, where I have my office, it was beginning to be dusk. I was in one of those apathetic, half brain dead kind of moods as I drove past the old elementary school. It seemed odd to me that there were about a hundred people or so either standing, or sitting on lawn chairs, with and without binoculaurs, looking at the roof of the school. I was about to drive by, then I thought I saw someone I knew and pulled into the parking lot.

No comments: