Monday, May 11, 2009

QUOTING ALBERT



.....Quoting Albert Einstein is easy. Quoting many people, wise and otherwise is easy as well. Living up to the quote that one finds compelling is an entirely different thing altogether.

Here is the quote I love allegedly from A.E.:
Out of clutter, find simplicity.
From Discord,
find harmony.
In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.

I found this lovely quote on the January page of a new 2009calendar. I thought it would be a good leitmotif for this year, as I had already decided to eliminate much clutter from my life in order to be able to exercise my own creativity better. For me, the exercise of my creative bits require a bunch of stuff and a lot of space. I was encouraged in this effort by my loving family who was experiencing the dreaded Suze project creep once again. There are entire cities that are no more having succumbed to the project creep -not all mine of course.. I you poke around those old ghost towns in the west carefully you will find the signs: half completed quilts, stuff with macaroni two thirds of the way glued to it, crocheted saddle covers..oh you know what I mean.






No comments: